Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:41:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vassilis Laganakos <vassilis.laganakos@yahoo.com>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing

Hi Hans,

Amazing work, thank you very much!

pwcview works fine and I can happily use my laptop's integrated webcam through that! :-)
(usbconfig gives 174f:5932)

Unfortunately though, I can't get skype to use it...

That's what I currently have:

       - Installed your stuff through the ports (webcamd, video4bsd-kmod, pwcview).
       - running FreeBSD-8.0-STABLE (updated tree and built world a few days ago)
             uname -a
             FreeBSD argonaut 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #1: Wed Jan 20 09:42:07 GMT 2010
             root@argonaut:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Any ideas what might be going wrong / something to try out?

Many thanks.
Vassilis L.