Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:21:03 -0600
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>, "FreeBSD Advocacy" <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [OT?] Tribes 2 linux port

Hey,

I'm not sure if this belongs here or on Advocacy (posting to both), but the
people
producting the game Tribes 2 (one of the more anticipated games this year)
have brought loki into the scene to port Tribes 2 to linux, therefore
allowing
us *BSD types to play it too.  Loki is having beta signups now, announcement
is at:

http://www.lokigames.com/press/archive.php3?11092000

the beta form is here:
http://odin.lokigames.com/

This is the type of stuff everyone in the *nix community is looking for
to bring more people in :).  This, at least, is one of the steps in me
moving away from windows, seeing as Tribes is the only game that
I have thats not ported, that I play a lot anyhow :).

AFAIK, T2 is being ported all the way, which means T2 server for bsd as
well.  they're hoping for a simultaneous release of the *nix and windows
version.

Thanks,
| Daryl Chance   | We start seeing these new accounts being created,  |
| -------------- | but that could be an anomaly of the system.  After |
| Valuedata, LLC | a day or two, we realized it was someone hacking   |
| Memphis, TN    | into the system.      - Microsoft on thier hacker  |