Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:56:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, des@des.no
Subject:   Re: Why??  (prog question)

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> writes:
 > > William Gordon Rutherdale wrote:
 > > > [...]  I don't think I've ever written the word "dedent" in my life,
 > > > at least until this paragraph.  In fact, I'm not convinced that it
 > > > IS a word.
 > > It's a technical term,
 >
 > No, the correct term is "outdent".

It probably depends on who you ask.  For example, the
Python people call it "dedent".  I've also heard it from
many Eclipse developers.  On the other hand, I've rarely
heard anyone using the word "outdent".  YMMV, I guess.

Best regards
   Oliver

Python is executable pseudocode.  Perl is executable line noise.