Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:15:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Time zone problems (perhaps just with httpd?)

Hi all; this might be a rather mundane question, but so far I've been
unable to resolve it.  I'll gladly accept RTFM-style answers, so long as
you can tell which FM to look at, that I haven't already :-)

As the subject line suggests, I'm having a variant of the age-old time
zone problem.  Unlike some, I HAVE set my time zone in rc.conf, and my
BIOS time is set to my local time (CST).  adjkerntz is set up in
crontab, and freebsd knows that my clock is NOT set to GMT.

'date' reports the correct date/time in CST.  (Exactly what I want)

However, certain programs seem to insist on reporting the time in GMT.
Sendmail does, but, of course, that is rather normal :-).  httpd, on the
other hand, seems to think that $DATE_LOCAL should be reported in GMT,
rather than CST.  So, $DATE_LOCAL and $DATE_GMT are identical.
$LAST_MODIFIED, and other httpd variables that contain a date invariably
report that date in GMT.

Is this a quirk with httpd that I need to configure or work around, or
have I perhaps missed something in my system config?

Thanks,
Ryan Thompson