Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2018 01:46:16 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        Yuet-nan Wong via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   U[dating Bind912 wants ghostscript?

I went to update my install of Bind9 and it wanted to install a lot o =
new things, including ghostscript (which I have been careful to keep off =
my system due to many remotely exploitable vulnerabilities and a lack of =
need). In fact, there were a lot of new packages it wanted to install =
which appear to all be depended on doxygen.

Were does this dependency on doxygen come from, and why does that then =
want to install ghostscript and tex?

=3D=3D=3D>>> bind912-9.12.1P2 >> (18)

=3D=3D=3D>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to =
proceed:
        Upgrade bind912-9.12.1P2 to bind912-9.12.2P1_2
        Upgrade json-c-0.13 to json-c-0.13.1
        Upgrade protobuf-c-1.3.0_1 to protobuf-c-1.3.1
        Install devel/doxygen
        Install print/ghostscript9-agpl-base
        Upgrade poppler-data-0.4.8 to poppler-data-0.4.9
        Install print/tex-dvipsk
        Install devel/tex-web2c
        Upgrade zziplib-0.13.62_2 to zziplib-0.13.69_1
        Install print/texlive-texmf
        Install print/tex-basic-engines
        Install print/texlive-base
        Install devel/t1lib
        Install graphics/poppler
        Upgrade nspr-4.19 to nspr-4.20
        Upgrade nss-3.38 to nss-3.39
        Install print/harfbuzz-icu
        Install print/tex-formats
        Upgrade protobuf-3.5.2,1 to protobuf-3.5.2_1,1

I looked in the make config for bin912 and didn't see anything that =
implied doxygen was needed,

I went ahead and did postmaster -i bind912 and said no to Doxygen which =
meant the only things updated were bind, json, protobuff-c and =
protobuff. which is much more in line with what I was expecting.

However, during the compile process, doxygen, ghostscript, and the =
various tex packages were installed anyway.

What has changed in the build instructions for bind912?

--=20
For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in =
the same room and let them fight it out.