Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>
To:        mike@sentex.net
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PILA 8472 (dual port fxp card ?)

> The specs would be that the box would need to be able to push 20Mbits
> through it running gated.

20 Mb/s should be no problem.  Even with the de driver, I'd think you
could do about 4 times that.

> I was hoping to use the Intel Drivers, I have had great success using
> individual fxp cards.

Yes, they're nice.  Apparently, when DEC first came out with the 21X40
chips, they provided a reference design for a quad card.  So all the
quad cards out there are based on the DEC chips.  (At least I'm
told that's why it's so.)

Jim Shankland
NLynx Systems, Inc.