Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 12:14:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   search engines ?

Hi Ports People,

I don't see a web search engine in ports/www/ (unless I mised it).

Anyone know of Web Search Engine Code available (preferably available for
download so I can localy browse it ?)	I'd be willing to port something
or even better, test someone else's port,
or even buy pre-existing generic commercial code if I must.

It's for a potential customer who's interested in (for example) running
a database of URLs to pre-existing web pages that sell (say) train engines,
where his customers will come to him (by web), & type in account number &
password, & train parameters, & get a best fit listing of the train engine
vendors complying with requirements.

The database will only ever deal with (say) train engines & will be optimised
for that, but I might as well use a generic search engine structure if
available ?

Julian
---
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org		http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/