Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:03:35 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Morten Seeberg <ml@seeberg.dk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-RELEASE updated - How to update

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 11:28:01AM +0100, Morten Seeberg wrote:

> Hmm, I installed the first version of the 4.0R, how do i upgrade to
> the new 4.0R??

You don't have to get the new ISO image to keep your system up to date,
that's for sure ;)

See the handbook, especially the section "Staying current with FreeBSD",
on ways to keep your system's sources (and binaries, of course) up to
date with the latest 4.0-STABLE source.

> Woun't BSD see them as the same version?

You mean like both of them being tagged 4.0-RELEASE?  Err, I don't know,
but I suppose that Jordan will move the tag of 4.0R to the latest one,
to make it easier for people to update by default to the most stable
'release' sources.

- Giorgos Keramidas