Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:34:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   root & /etc/nologin

Question: if there's an /etc/nologin in place can root still
login at the console?

I want to start a 'make world' from home and then drive to where
the computer is (90 minutes away if I'm lucky) and login at the
console to build the kernel.

The man page (login) just says logins are disabled, but I was
wondering if root/console was a special case.

System: FreeBSD 2.1.0 -> 2.1.7

Thanks.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org
Do you know what a pessimist is? A person who thinks everybody as