Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:15:17 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK1.2

AN> Will native Java2 port be ever available under FreeBSD or I
AN> should consider using linux version port? Whouldn't it be
AN> too slow for production server?

cd /usr/ports/java/jdk12-beta; make install

Go home, come back, sit and wait for a while, go home again, come
back, and it should be done. ;-)

My understanding is that it is "beta" because it hasn't been validated
in FreeBSD, not because it is older JDK code.  I could be wrong about
this, though.  It seems to work just fine for my limited testing.