Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 01:05:34 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Ports Index Update Error Due to /mail/lmtpd Failure

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 10:16:47PM -0400, Bob Perry wrote:
> Previous note had incorrect From: information.  Sorry.
>=20
> Bob Perry
>=20
> --=20
> I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
> distributed.
>=20
> FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0

> Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:18:55 -0400
> From: Bob Perry <rperry@sphinx.alpha.domain>
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Ports Index Update Error Due to /mail/lmtpd Failure
>=20
> I went about the weekly process of upgrading my ports system Saturday=20
> and was unsucessful at updting the port index because the "mail/lmtpd" =
=20
> file failed.
>=20
> The process is pretty basic beginning with a backup of /var/db/pkg,=20
> followed with pkgdb -Fv, cvsup -g -L 2 -z /etc/cvsupfile, and then
> portsdb -uU.  The error ocurred during the index update and stated=20
> that file mail/lmtpd failed.  It was followed by "Makefile", line=20
> 47: You cannot use DB3 and DB4 in the same time.
>=20
> I reviewed the Makefile and saw line 47 but didn't recognize any=20
> error.  I also ran pkg_info and couldn't locate a lmtpd package.
>=20
> Any advice would be appreciated.

You forgot to follow the advice that would have been given to you by
make index when it failed (i.e. what information you need to report),
but it looks like you either have settings in /etc/make.conf that are
causing problems for the build, or you have specified an illegal
configuration for the lmtpd port.  To fix the latter, go to the
mail/lmtpd directory, and do 'make config', and adjust your settings
so that only one of db3 and db4 is enabled.

Kris

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--