Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      reel@sympatico.ca
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/24945: Link problem in the ports tree README.html

>Number:         24945
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Link problem in the ports tree README.html
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When you look at README.html in the root of the ports tree, you
can follow each links up to a single port directory. Then, there is
a link suggested to see the full port description as:

    Please read the file "pkg/DESCR" for a longer description.

Unfortunatly, as i'm using the -CURRENT ports tree, this link is broken.
I am telling this because that, in native -RELEASE ports tree as in 3.4-R,
this thing works. As you changed the files location from pkg/file to
pkg-file, you didn't changed the url destination. So, we have a broken
link here. I think that it just applies to the -CURRENT ports tree.
>How-To-Repeat:
With your favority browser, in /usr/ports (or at the root point of your
ports tree), look at the file README.html. Then, follow the links with
the idea of going to a single port. Then, follow a route like:

   archivers -> 9e-1.0

Then, follow the link on the line:
    Please read the file "pkg/DESCR" for a longer description.

Broken link.

>Fix:
Fix all the README.html files in the single ports directories to make it
point to "pkg-descr".