Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:14:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Documentation Project

Jordan has started waving the poited stick and ranting about the
upcoming release of 2.1.  Amazingly enough I got a few hours this
week to bring some of the documentation ideas into a more
concrete form.

I have added a toplevel "help" page and *rough* outlines for a
user manual, administration manual and reference manual.  The
latter is actually just a pointer to the man(1) command but if
time permits, an html interface to the man command could be
added.  A tenative plan is to have lynx wired up as a "help"
command pointing at the toplevel page.

The other two sections are outlines that probably need some
shuffling, additions, and deletions.  I welcome you comments and
suggestions on this.  The outline is probably over-ambitious and
some empty sections will probably get commented out for the
release.

My vision is to have what is currently listed under tutorials
filter into the user and admin manuals.

Now, there are a number of sections that various volunteers in
the doc group agreed to work on.  I may be coming after YOU with
a pointed stick soon!   ;)

-john