Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:53:25 +0100
From:      MAD Mosher <irpurdie@comp.brad.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot partition?

I'm very interested in nabbing FreeBSD for use at home. We've got 4
machines in the house (one Atari with Linux, and three PCs (one
Windows3.1, one DOS6.22 and one OS/2!)) and some spare 386 motherboards.

Basically, would it be possible, using network cards, to get all four of
these to 'talk' to a 386 running FreeBSD? I don't want to take up all
your time asking you how, just simply is it?

Also, it sounds like a nice OS that I'd like to consider myself, but I
also like DOS. Is it possible, like Linux, to get FreeBSD to install
it's own boot sector and to ask the user which OS to use at boot time?

Thanks for any help you can give - certainly looks like a nice
alternative to memory and disc-hungry Linux!

Cheers,
       Mosh

--

I.R.Purdie@comp.brad.ac.uk a.k.a. MAD Mosher a.k.a. That Long-haired Git
             Rock DJ on RamAir 945AM/98FM (Yorkshire Cable)