Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:18:06 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Suo-Anttila" <jps@funeralexchange.com>
To:        "Burhan Nazir" <burhan@blueyonder.co.uk>, <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: JRUN4 installation trouble

I am running JRUN 4 under the native jdk1.3.1 and its great the only problem
i had is whenever i would try and execute any of the binaries located in the
/bin dir of Jrun it would send my jdk/jrun processes to 99% and hang so my
work around was to cd to the jrun/lib/ dir and start the servers manually.

java -jar jrun.jar -start admin &
java -jar jrun.jar -start default &
java -jar jrun.jar -start samples &
java -jar jrun.jar -start yourservername &

you can also run

java -jar jrun.jar -stop admin &

to stop the admin server. The rest should be pretty obvious from there. I
would love to know if anyone has been able to get Jrun to work with
jdk1.4.01 under linux emulation.  Also if you want to build your own
binaries for the jrun to start and stop with i would suggest you download
the jrun-sdk.zip and docs. This will allow you build all your own binaries
and also your own custom mod_jrun.so for use with apache. The ones that are
included with the jrun installer are for linux only and do not work with the
native jdk1.3.1. Or you can hack it and just create some simple wrapper
scripts to start and stop jrun and then replace the binaires with the
wrappers to allow you use the web admin without any hassles.

Thanks

Jeremy Suo-Anttila
jps@funeralexchange.com
ALLNEO Network Operations