Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 22:38:12 -0700
From:      Juan Emilio Llor <root@nexus.es>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   users

Dear friend:

I speak english very litle, then I'm sorry.

I have a problem:

We works with a Sun machine, with the Solaris System V.

We need now create all the Sun users in a machine
with Free Bsd, but the Free Bsd don't accept user names
longers than 8 characters !!!

We'd resolved the problem with the aliases file, but
it is not enough for us, because there are some
problems with the mail, not for send, but for recall.

Can we create users with more than 8 characters???

The FreeBsd version is: 2.1, and runs in a Pentium PC.

Thank-you very much!
    Juan Emilio Llor               Tel. 93 - 423 08 18
    mailto:llor@nexus.es           Fax. 93 - 325 48 72
    http://www.nexus.es

    Nexus Comunicaciones, S.A.
    Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 322