Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 19:32:28 +0200
From:      Olivier Gautherot <olivier@gautherot.net>
To:        small@freebsd.org
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject:   FreeBSD on MIPS platform?

Hi!

I tried to send this to the list but it seems the mailer/webmail
had a problem. It is a follow-up on Poul-Henning'sprivate response
(I think I had your first name wrong last time, sorry ;-) )

> >I read with much interest your report "FreeBSD's embedded
> >agenda" and had a question: did you come to any consensus
> >as to which MIPS platform should be used for an initial port?
>
> Not that I've heard off, but I may not be the best informed
> person.

Anyone knows of a project where manpower (evening/WE, not full-time)
may be needed to raise FreeBSD on a MIPS processor/controller for a
first implementation? I would have some spare time for this after
July.

FPGA design may be involved as I have also experience in this arena:
I designed buses like PCI or AMBA. I am based in Chile.

Anyone interested, let me know.
Cheers
Olivier
--