Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:06:43 -0300
From:      Thiago Luz Basilio <elmofo@uol.com.br>
To:        Tobias Kirschstein <lev@nupfel.de>
Cc:        rpaulo@FreeBSD.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 802.11b mode on wlan interface

Hello!

Well, still no luck with -CURRENT and ath_hal 0.10.5.10. I can't set
the card to operate in "11b mode". Running 'ifconfig wlan0 mode 11b'
returns no erros, but after doing this, the card is still on 11g mode.
If I try 'ifconfig ath0 mode 11b', I get the same result.

It works fine on 11g networks, but I didn't have any network with
WPA/WEP keys to test, so, I can't confirm that everything is working on
11g mode.

On 11b mode, I've tested open networks on adhoc mode (with and without
WEP keys), and had no success. Same on 11b networks with WEP keys.

Anybody is having those problems?

TIA,
Thiago.