Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:47:50 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        MWingate@cbm-wa.com (Marcel R. Wingate)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD FTP

On 7 Jul 99, at 14:32, Jonathon Doran wrote:

> > 	How do I create an ftp "mirror" of FreeBSD?  I want to have a local ftp
> > site at my organization from which to install or update freebsd.  Is it
> > as simple as copying the tree or is it more involved?
>
> Yes, it is as simple as copying the tree.  I do this myself.
>
> I created a "freebsd" user.  Under its home I placed directories such as
> 3.2-RELEASE.  Copy the contents of the desired version into a directory
> with the same name as on ftp.cdrom.com.  Then point the installing machine
> to your server.

DOH!  I missed that.  If all you want to do is a one-off install, then
yes, do the above.  And ignore my previous message.  rsync/mirror is
overkill for this.  They are use to actively create/maintain an ftp mirror
site (e.g. something like ftp.nz.freebsd.org).
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/