Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 16:51:00 -0500
From:      Jeremy Norris <ishmael27@home.com>
To:        Dmitry Sivachenko <demon@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/devel/automake Makefile distinfo pkg-plist ports/devel/automake/files patch-ab patch-ad

I was under the impression that GNU auto-crap and libtool were under no-upgrade
status until such time that it could be tested (on bento) or something.
This upgrade broke the devel/fam port and I do not really understand auto-foo
well enough to fix it. By consequence this has broken the KDE-2. Could this be
either backed out or could you commit the proper fixes to devel/fam port?
Perhaps automake-1.5 should be put in automake-new port or something to prevent
breakages? This is mildly frustrating because I have several other ports that I
need to update and this takes away from my time to do those.

Jeremy