Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:20:23 +0000
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 2.2.5 Unable to boot floppy Image !SOLVED!

> On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Goeringer, Michael wrote:
>
> > I've downloaded the image 3 times now... all are the same (correct)
> > size.  All perform the same... Hmmmmm very confusing... I'll go back and
> > reboot with my 2.2.1 floppy just as an integrity check.
>
> What is the size?  How are you generating the floppy?

Doug,

    Up to this point I've been using fdimage.exe to create the boot
floppy (which ofcourse *should* work)...  I decided to use
rawrite.exe from the 2.2.1 CD instead and now it boots as it should
from the floppy.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try the acutal
install... thanks for the help.

Michael G.
Brought to you by the letters "O" and "S" and the number "2"

Live FreeBSD... or Die!

COBOL...the language of business!

C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN