Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:24:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Johan Ankarloo <johan@ankarloo.nu>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH

Well, as far as i have understod , i cant upgrade openssl since it is part
of the core/kernel/base some how.

I did trie to implement your flags below but with no success. Didn't try
your binaries since i didn't know for what system it was compiled for.

It seems that the configuration script breaks when it checks for openssl.

checking for OpenSSL directory... configure: error: Could not find working
OpenSSL library, please install or check config.log
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:603: checking for gcc
configure:716: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-DBYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN ) works
configure:732: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -DBYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN
conftest.c  1>&5
configure:758: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-DBYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN ) is a cross-compiler
configure:763: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:772: cc -E conftest.c
configure:791: checking whether cc accepts -g
configure:848: checking host system type
configure:869: checking whether byte ordering is bigendian
configure:887: cc -c -O -pipe -DBYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN  conftest.c 1>&5
In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:125,
                 from configure:877:
/usr/include/machine/endian.h:56: warning: `BYTE_ORDER' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
configure:902: cc -c -O -pipe -DBYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN  conftest.c 1>&5
In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:125,
                 from configure:892:
/usr/include/machine/endian.h:56: warning: `BYTE_ORDER' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
configure: In function `main':
configure:897: syntax error before `big'
configure: failed program was:
#line 891 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <sys/types.h>