Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 10:04:19 -0500
From:      Bob Martin <bob@buckhorn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install fails on 10.2 GB drive using 4.0

openzero@bsdmail.com wrote:

> [...]

Ok, I'm guessing that you mean FreeBSD 4.0. But it can't find the label?

> Hm,OK!
> Can you tell me, how to write the label manually,
> without an installed FreeBSD4.0?

Use a fixit floppy during install. You have to know how to move around
in sysinstall, and you should spend plenty of time reading the man page
on disklabel first. The dos fdisk/format trick is a lot simpler, and
seems to work ok.

> Do you mean, FreeBSD-5.0-CURRENT doesn't have this
> problem?

5.0 loads without any problems. But Current can be very tricky, and
should never be used on a production machine.

> Im interested in the FreeBSD Toolkit from Walnut Creek!

A very good choice.

> thanx...
>
>         (mfg Daniel Ridder from Germany)
> --

Bob
--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."