Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:43:30 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ingo Flaschberger <if@xip.at>
Subject:   Re: ifconfig carpdev

--nextPart1703785.YpLodl5682

On Saturday 15 September 2007, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
> Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
> > I have implemented at FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE.
> >  http://www.nabble.com/file/p12686194/carpdev.diff carpdev.diff
> > Is a working solution, but not 100% failsave.
> > See fixme.
>
> argl.. need some more tweaks.
>
> carp adds only a hostroute, and no network.
> fixed that it add a network, but now kernels cries to receive the arp
> at the parent interface and not at the carp interface...

There is a lot more to this.  Please hold your breath just a few more days=
=20
and I'll have a working sollution as promised.  Also, the proposed ioctl=20
change is not the preferred way of doing things.  If you pass in an=20
interface index, there is no way of making sure that the interface didn't=20
change underneath you - that's why we rather pass the whole string and do=20
the resolution in the kernel.

=2D-=20