Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:04:48 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Magicfilter 2.X and duplex printing

Hello.
Using magicfilter 2.3.b out of the ports runs me into a problem printing
duplex on a duplex
capable PS printer.
In magicfilter 1.X it was simple inserting an intermediate conversion
step with "psset" for
preparing data stream being print duplex and/or selecting a different
tray for certain paper
qualities, colours or for transparency.

In magicfilter 2.3 I miss such a facility or don't know how to implement
such a conversion intermediate step
in M4 (I do not program M4).
A solution would be to save a file/document, convert to PS, using psset
with the appropriate Duplex/Tray
selectors and the print this out to the standard printing queue. But
this isn't very convenient when printing
from applications like Mozilla or other toolsets in which I have to give
a printqueue. I feel more flexible selecting
a specific queue for my own purposes than doinf many conversion steps
outside an application.

Does anyone solved such a problem?

magicfilter 1.X was a very powerful solution for managin many
printqueues on a printserver especially the
very nice facilities of using many intermediate conversion steps of
files beeing print were useful. I miss this
simple way in magicfilter 2.3!

Thnaks for your help,
Oliver