Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2000 19:52:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Brown <jabrown@caida.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/16542: New port: lang/clisp

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Chuck Robey wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 jabrown@caida.org wrote:
>
> I'm wondering why you didn't find lang/cmucl ?  It's CMU's Common
> Lisp.  Is there some difference with your port?

I've used CMU Common LISP (lang/cmucl) and GNU Common LISP (lang/gcl) as
well.  CLISP is nicer to work with since it uses the readline library;
that is purely cosmetic, of course.

The main reason for porting CLISP is that it appears to be a potent LISP
interpreter/compiler that is being actively developed.  Adding it to
FreeBSD's vast toolbox, giving future LISP opprotunists another option,
seems a win.

		-Jeff