Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 14:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Lefty G." <lefty@area51.stjohns.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/Win95 Connectivity

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Lefty G. wrote:
> machine works fine, but I just cannot seem to get 95 to see it.  What
> options do I have to set up in the rc.conf file so 95 would recognize it?

Add the ethernet card to the network_interfaces.  For NE2000/WD80xx

network_interfaces="lo0 ed0"

Change ed0 to match your card (what shows up in dmesg)

Then ad a line to ifconfig it.

ifconfig_ed0="inet 192.168.1.1"

> Do I have to set up the machine as a gateway and/or router?  Any

No.  Make sure that router_enable="NO" is set.

On the w95 pc, setup the TCP/IP properties on your ethernet
card to use fixed IP address (192.168.1.2 or similar in my example)
and assigned or no DNS.

That should be all it takes.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com