Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 11:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel howto, Second Request

Hi Michael Smith;  On 02-Aug-97 you wrote:

[  Most excellent advise deleted...  ]

> The BIOS data area I'm not so sure about; I'm fairly sure it's
> preserved, but I'm not entirely sure where.  If you _really_ need
> numbers from here, go ahead and chase it.  In most cases, I'd suggest
> you fake the numbers instead.

This is the best thing to do.  I managed to get at most of the numbers but
they look bogus anyway.

I thought I'd try to just use the SCO executables for a while.  They expect
all this nonsense.  There is a struct called bootinfo in UW, which has all
this data in it.  Thanx anyway.

Simon