Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:36:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MCA support

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Donn Miller wrote:
> Just wondering how far along MCA support is.  I tried booting up a
> kern.flp from the latest snapshot circa dec. 7. and I got a "Read
> error" during boot, which halted the machine.  My machine was an IBM
> PS/2 model 77s.

MCA support isn't in GENERIC and wouldn't be on kern.flp.

My m77 has weird problems reading the floppy drive.  I'm fairly sure this
has everything to do with code in the loader/bootstrap that doesn't like
the 2.88M drive.  I used the 1.2M drive and it works great.  I suspect a
normal 1.44M drive would be good too.

I've observed problems with the graphics console keyboard.  I suspect I'm
not doing something about the differences b/t a PS2 keyboard controller
and a normal AT controller but I've no idea what needs to be done.

The baseboard SCSI on the m77 isn't supported.  You'll want an Adaptec
AHA-1640.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |