Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:09:57 -0800
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        kurt.buff@gmail.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ntop on 6.0

On 12/20/2005 3:55 PM Kurt Buff wrote:

>Drew Tomlinson wrote:

>>>Is this a fresh install of 6.0? I've got a fresh install of FBSD 6.0 and
>>>ntop 3.2_1 from ports, and don't have this problem.
>>>

>>Thanks for your reply.  Yes, it's fairly fresh.
>>
>>FreeBSD blacksheep.mykitchentable.net 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #4:
>>Thu Dec  1 11:33:29 PST 2005
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Drew
>>

>This isn't an upgrade of FBSD 4.x or 5.x, is it? Or an upgrade of an
>older version of ntop?

No.  This box had a hard drive failure.  Since I had to replace the
drive, I upgraded to 6.0 at that time.

>The reason I ask is that this was a problem that
>was noted in ntop 2.something under 4.x and 5.x. If you google for the
>specific error message:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ntop+freebsd+%22gzflush+error%22&btnG=Search

Been Googling all day and I've seen those posts.  However I just
realized it was you.  :)

>you'll see stuff like that talked about in several places.
>
>I just flattened the box when I upgraded the OS, starting from a fresh
>install of 6.0, then cvsupping the ports to get ntop current, and all
>has been well since.

I just edited the Makefile to add --without-zlib and am recompiling
now.  We'll see if that works around this problem for now.  But I'd sure
like to know why things aren't working on my machine?  AFAIK, I did a
standard install and haven't done much with the box since.  It just
serves as my gateway router for my home network so there's not much on it.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse