Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 11:52:50 -0400
From:      "David Robillard" <david.robillard@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broken Compaq ML530 G1 ACPI.

Hi everyone,

We have some Compaq ML530 G1 machines and I would like to upgrade them
to FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p7. Unfortunately, the ACPI seems to be broken
and the systems freeze when booting with ACPI.

I did not find a whole lot of info on the mailing list archives. Just this =
post
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2005-December/002324.html
from which I tried the patch. But it fails to compile.

I then tried using my own AML file built with acpidump(8) and changing
loader.conf(5) with the following
acpi_dsdt_load=3D"YES"
acpi_dsdt_name=3D"/boot/acpi_dsdt.aml" # You may change this name.
But again it failed miserably.

Can anyone give me a hand with this problem? I am not a member of the
freebsd-acpi mailing list, so please reply to me at this address.

Many thanks,

David

--
David Robillard