Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:00:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Derek Jewett <djewett@snowcrest.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System admin tool??

Hi

> Does anyone know of a basic system admin tool for FreeBSD (version
> independent?).. I am not saying one would even be needed, but I am
> curious.. thanks!

There are a couple in various states of development.

	freebsd-admin
		http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~brian/freebsd-admin/
		-in development - Brian Buchanan was going to switch
		 to Gtk, but got disgusted w/ it and is now writing
		 his own toolkit;  the last version (which uses Qt)
		 is available at the above site

	SAM
		http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~jardim/Index.html
		-I've used this once or twice, playing around mostly;
		 the last time I tried this it barfed because I wasn't
		 using 3.0-RELEASE, but there may be a newer version
		 (hard to tell since there's no version # associated
		  with the software)

	webmin
		/usr/ports/sysutils/webmin
		-allows updating of a few modules via www;  never tried
		 it

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                        brett@daemonnews.org              *