Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:48:21 -0000
From:      pf-r@solarflux.org
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] 'Version' enhancement request

Hi all,

I've had several people in #pf asking about how to verify that they are in fact
on a specific version of pf_freebsd.  Since we're basically installing over the
top of previous versions and clobbering everything, there's no clean (i.e. using
pfctl) way to verify the version.

Would it be possible to add a -V flag to pfctl to show the current version?

In the meantime, any pointers on how to verify versions using unclean methods
would be appreciated, and will be added to the pf-r (I have some updating to do
myself, been on holiday)...

-S