Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2007 02:25:51 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Cameron Stuart <cstuart@nextdigital.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems Installing FreeBSD 6.2 - No floppy devices found!

--nextPart1439147.tthvpHPlGq

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 07:32:36 pm Cameron Stuart wrote:
> Hardware: Maxtron AMD opteron with 3ware 4 port PCI express SATA II
> raid 5
>
> Problem Description:
> The 3ware driver must be loaded into the kernel using KLD, but the
> floppy device cannot be found
> However, the drive exists, and is configured correctly in the BIOS
> (IE, the system can boot from the floppy)
>
> Attempted Solutions:
> 1) Tried booting using APCI disabled
> 2) Tried set hint.fdc.0.flags=3D"1" and the boot shell before continuing
> into the sysinstall
> 3) Tried enabling & disabling the floppy device in the BIOS
>
> Any suggestions or solutions you may have would be greatly appreciated
>
> Cheers,
> Cam

Which 3ware card do you have?  I made 6.2 iso with working 96xx drivers on=
=20
them so you can do a regular old install off the cd.  I can give you a=20
download link if you'd like, just need to know if you want amd64 or i386.

=2D-=20
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel

PGP: 8A48 EF36 5E9F 4EDA 5A8C 11B4 26F9 01F1 27AF AECB