Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:34:31 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Ron Klinkien" <ron@zappa.demon.nl>, "kesu" <kesu@kesuki.dyndns.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Need help limiting bandwith ARP uses over cable modem.

Hi Ron,

  Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't paying attention, the comment I made
regarding that was an off-the-cuff remark.  It is obvious that the poster is
positive that arping is his problem and is fixated on that, and I already
recognized the futility of arguing that so I didn't really intend to adresss
his rather long justification.  It's completely moot anyway because until he
tests it he is not going to know if his hypothesis is correct or not.  The
bandwidth comment really isn't relevant to the rest of the response.

Did you understand the rest of the discussion regarding subnetting?  It's
not an easy part of TCP/IP for a lot of people to grasp and like all these
impossible to understand.  If it works for him it will save him a lot of work
as well as proving if the arp traffic decrease that results will make any
difference or not.

Otherwise the only thing that I can think might help him is building another
FreeBSD box that's a filtering bridge.