Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:33:46 +0800
From:      "Edwin chan" <huacheng@public.guangzhou.gd.cn>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   try run 4.1.1 on a old chipset but new harddisk don't work.

I have a old IBM pc, usually, I runing slackware on it with no problem. but
recently, I try run freebsd4.1.1 on it but don't work.
It's P5 class CPU, 24M RAM, old SIS chipset 4G Seagate U10harddisk.
Freebsd4.1.1 know my harddisk support UDMA(but I know chipset not). The
error messages mean try to use UDMA IDE mode, then  locked, a few times, try
some times it can go back to use PIO mode, and  continue boot, most times it
just locked, can't continue boot.
BTW, I installed Freebsd4.1.1 on my new computer then move harddisk to this
one.
Have any way to solve this problem ?