Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 1997 17:27:43 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [video] bktr clipping

>Unobscured and PartiallyObscured (i.e. let the X server clip when clipping
>is required).

I like that solution as for X doing the right thing for our scenario
(hardware clipping) it does not . The best approach so far is to
take the whole video capture process to the X server and there
I can take care of the exposure problems . However, there is only
one gotcha : how can I tell the server to process the video stream
bear in mind that the X server is event driven so I can't kick off
a routine and expect it to do single capture or continous capture
without going thru the event loop in the X server.

	Cheers,
	Amancio