Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2016 18:41:48 -0800
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        Nick Hibma <Nick@ip-knowhow.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about i2c.c (TMP102 temperature sensor)

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 12:49 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 13:11:34 -0800
> Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Switching freebsd-embedded@ to freebsd-arm@ since the former does not =
get as much attention as the latter.

.. skipped ..

> I have an updated version of i2c(8) which support I2CRDWR here :
> https://github.com/evadot/freebsd/tree/i2c_rdrw/usr.sbin/i2c
>=20
> I didn't commit it just because I want to make I2CRDWR the default
> since there is iicbus_transfer_gen. I just need to make sure that it
> works almost everwhere (it does on allwinner board where the driver
> doesn't support I2CRDWR at least).
>=20
> Can you test using i2c(8) from my branch with your device ?

It works on RPi2 with TMP102 attached. Although rdwr is off by default,
I had to pass -x option to enable that behavior. I went through I2C =
drivers
in HEAD and that=E2=80=99s iicbus methods they support (TRANSFER is the =
name
of the method for RDWR):

TI: TRANSFER, RESET
i.MX: START, STOP, REPEATED START, RESET, READ, WRITE, TRANSFER
Vybrid: START, STOP, REPEATED START, RESET, READ, WRITE, TRANSFER
Exynos: START, STOP, REPEATED START, RESET, READ, WRITE, TRANSFER
Allwinner: TRANSFER, RESET
Tegra: TRANSFER, RESET
Broadcom: TRANSFER, RESET
AT91: TRANSFER, RESET
powerpc/powermac/kiic.c: TRANSFER
powerpc/mpc85xx/i2c.c: START, STOP, REPEATED START, RESET, READ, WRITE, =
TRANSFER
XLR: START, STOP, REPEATED START, RESET, READ, WRITE, TRANSFER

So in theory it should work on all these platforms