Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 1994 08:54:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Soeren Schmidt" <sos@kmd-ac.dk>
To:        paul@isl.cf.ac.uk (Paul Richards)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, sos@kmd-ac.dk, kurto@tiny.mcs.usu.edu, mark@grondar.za, hackers@freebsd.org, terry@cs.weber.edu
Subject:   Re: Using graphics under syscons (src)

> > 1 simple question: What does Linux's vgalib do, and can we provide
> > equvalent functionality?  They've already used theirs to do rather
> > significant graphical interfaces, including a short-lived version of
> > DOOM that ran with it and was apparently quite fast.  I also believe
> > that there is an asteroids game that currently works with it.  Hell,
> > if ours was *compatible* with theirs, that would be a significant
> > coup!
> >
> > I think it's time to buy Soren a Linux box.. :-)
> >

> I thought I saw Linux emulation on his todo list -- he must already
> have one :-)

Ahem, actually yes (well sortof, I can boot my main dev box under
either of FreeBSD, Linux, SCO, DOS).
And yes Linux emulation is on my list, actually I can now (again :)
run simple Linux bins under FreeBSD-current. More on that later....

Soren Schmidt      (sos@FreeBSD.org | sos@kmd-ac.dk)      FreeBSD Core Team
                So much code to hack -- so little time
..