Date:      Sat, 2 May 2020 19:16:29 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sym0 weirdness

On 2020-05-02 13:08, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:

>> With the cable connected and one device at the end of the bus (1,5m
>> cable, internally terminated by the SCSI2D controller card),

Sorry if I deviate from your question, but what do you mean with
"internally terminated"?
Do you have termination enabled on such device?

 > The ASUS SC-200 board isn’t recognized at all by the kernel.

IME using hardware from Asus is the best way to experience
incompatibilities.
For example, I have several Tekram sym based controllers: they work on
any motherboard but Asus's and their support staff was completely unhelpful.
Beyond that, the list would be long.

  bye
	av.