Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:59:25 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testing MythTV 0.21 - no MPEG hardware cards?

--Boundary_(ID_jlqdGDOFlU9UlNH8CAlHig)

Hello,

old thread, but I finally got a clue which helped me figuring this out.

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:00:21 +0200
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no> wrote:

> In mythtv-setup I choose a "V4L analog card" - there didn't seem to
> be a more appropriate setting. Specifically, why can't I select a
> "MPEG-2 encoder card" or something like that? The choices are:

The reason for this is the '--disable-ivtv' flag in the CONFIG line i
the Makefile of the port.

I removed that flag, and I added the patch to videoout_ivtv.cpp
suggested[1] by usleep in the MythTV 0.22 discussion on this very mailing list.
(patch attached)

After that, MythTV 0.21_2 compiles, installs and runs on this machine:
root@kg-quiet# uname -a
FreeBSD kg-quiet.kg4.no 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #6: Sat May 30 16:13:13 CEST 2009     root@kg-quiet.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/QUIET  amd64

There are still a few problems:
- mythtv and mythfromtend core dumps when closing
But hey - progress at last!