Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:41:06 -0400
From:      Jimmie James <jimmiejaz@gmail.com>
To:        Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org, dougb@FreeBSD.org, marcus@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Whither Thunderbird 3.1(.1)?

On 08/05/10 03:27, Beat Gaetzi wrote:
> On 05.08.2010 05:53, Jimmie James wrote:

>>> Great! Thank you. I will commit Lightning 1.0b1 and Thunderbird 3.1.1
>>> within the next hours.
>>
>>> Beat
>>

>> Is it possible to get deskutils/lightning working with
>> thunderbird-3.1.1? I don't really wish to downgrade to 3.0.6.
>> I tried changing the Makefile to read
>> RUN_DEPENDS+=
>> ${LOCALBASE}/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin:${PORTSDIR}/mail/thunderbird
>> but it failed to build.
>
> The version in ports only work with Thunderbird 3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.0.
> Lightning 1.0b2 which is currently not in the portstree works with
> Thunderbird 3.1 but not with Thunderbird 3.0 and SeaMonkey.
>
> You will find this version of Lightning in our development repository:
> # svn co
> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/branches/experimental/deskutils/lightning
>
> As this is not the first request about Lightning for Thunderbird 3.1 I
> will ask for a repo copy deskutils/lightning ->
> deskutils/lightning-thunderbird and commit this version to the new port.
>
> Beat

This is wonderful news. I'll be checking out the repo branch later today
and reporting back how it works for me.

Thank you for all your hard work, Beat, Joe and all the gecko team for
keeping FreeBSD and the assorted applications stable, and up to date as
possible!

--
I am currently away on leave, traveling through time and will be
returning last week.