Date:      Mon, 04 May 2015 13:02:31 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <ports@webrz.net>, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port update | curl-7.42.1

On 05/04/15 12:50, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
>    Just tried to update my CURL port (curl-7.42.0) to curl-7.42.1
>    but it looks like the port is to be ignored:
>    --- cut ---
>    ===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
>    ===>>> Launching child to update curl-7.42.0 to curl-7.42.1
>    ===>>> All >> curl-7.42.0 (1/1)
>    ===>>> Currently installed version: curl-7.42.0
>    ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/ftp/curl
>            ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
>            ===>>> only supports TLS-SRP with either OpenSSL or GnuTLS
>            ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>                   IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.
>    ===>>> Update for curl-7.42.0 failed
>    ===>>> Aborting update
>    --- cut ---
>    Any idea why a port update is released with an IGNORE Line in it?
>    Perhaps I don't follow, sorry for this.

There is an error message explaining why:

===>>> only supports TLS-SRP with either OpenSSL or GnuTLS

looks like you're trying to build with an unsupported options
configuration. You should run make config for this port.

The error is self explanatory, but just to make it clear it means that
if you want to enable TLS-SRP support you must choose OpenSSL OR GnuTLS
as an SSL backend,  imagine the others don't have the needed
functionality. So you can't get TLS-SRP support if you try to use NSS,
POLARSSL or WOLFSSL.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>