Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 1999 23:03:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      vagner@ginger.dhis.org
To:        David Pollack <david@da3.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: after install of windows freebsd doesn't boot...

yes windows blows away the MBR on the first disk.

look for OSBS boot manager i think its in the
tools directory, you might just like it.

its a simple program written in dos that
pretty much allows booting any disk with
a menu on boot up.

On 09-Jun-99 David Pollack wrote:
> Well, I spent to better part of this day install FreeBSD
> on my second HD that I just got. But when I restart the
> computer it goes stright into windows98. Now, I this
> probably has to do with the MBR but I am not sure
> how to go about install a boot loader similar to LILO,
> so that I can dual boot windows and freeBSD.
>
> Was there just an install option that I missed? And
> can I install the boot loader without reinstalling?
>
> Another thing, where is BASH located so that when I
> boot up into FreeBSD I can use that instead of sh.
>

> btw, I am not actually on the list so responses should be
> forwarded to me. Thanks a lot and sorry if you get this
> question a million times.

----------------------------------
Vetex
C/O L. Vagner
3600 W. Mountain Drive
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Webpage: nadxa.com
E-Mail: vagner@ginger.vagner.com
Date: 08-Jun-99
Time: 23:01:21

Windows Exception Error:  noun: Meaning-
With the exception of a reboot anything
you do will fail to recover the system.