Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 23:08:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heads-up! gcc-2.7.2 on the way!

: Is there any chance of doing the 2.7.2 work and afterward adding in the
: pre-2.7.3 patches which fix some serious x86 bugs that Warner has, or do
: we want to wait for 2.7.3 to be 'official'?

Anybody can get the snapshot that is on the gcc2 mailing list.  They
generally don't like people to release the code, but since -current
isn't a released system, it should be OK.  However, all gcc bugs would
need to be filtered before they get to the gcc2 mailing list.  I can
act in that capacity.

I think it would be an *EXCELLENT* idea to include it.  The reports
from testers that I've gotten is that it does a make world
successfully, including X stuff.  It would also be good to test out
for the FSF, but that is a secondary concern.

Warner