Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 1997 22:51:30 -0800
From:      Craig Shaver <craig@progroup.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fcntl, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK & /dev/null

John S. Dyson wrote:

> > Is there any work being done for implementing kernel threads?  I would
> > think this would be very important for a robust, real-world usable,
> > thread package.
> >
> That is one of my interests.  Doug Santry is also interested.  Certainly
> don't want to 'claim' the project until I start.  I have some ideas,
> and in conjunction with some of Doug's work, I think that we could
> have a really good thread's capability.  I have a VM experiment to
> do first (relocatable kernel stack, totally shared VM space.)  If
> that works, we'll have a start on a really good mechanism.
>
> John

Do you have a time frame for when this may start?  I could volunteer some
time beginning in March, to develop some test programs, demos, and bench-
marks.  Would this be helpful?  Please let me know.

Thanks for the feedback ...

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088