Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 97 14:25:23 GMT
From:      David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   How to shutdown???

Hi,
  I'm now running 2.2-RELENG and have one major problem; I can't shut
down cleanly.  What ever I do it causes fsck next time through, usually
with the message that it wasn't unmounted properly.

The root partition is UFS while I have a couple of ext2 partitions as well.
I also often get syncing 13 13 13 13 ..... giving up (I think the number
varies - but stays the same until it goes).

Whats going on?

Also: I'm going to modify mountd so that it skips entries in netgroups
when it can't get the IP for them; we have netgroups which occasionaly
have old machines in, and I'd prefer that it server all the valid machines.

Dave
----------- (Phone: 0161-275-3547) ------------------------ Man can not live  -
 David Alan Gilbert - gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk - G7FHJ@GB7BEV  by bread alone. He
----------- (University of Manchester - AMULET Group) ----- needs chocolate.  -