Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:31:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Manfred Antar <root@mantar.slip.netcom.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   spkrtest locks up system

On a current SMP system when I run spkrtest the system locks up.
On a kernel built around the 26th of Feb no problem. I have a old version
of spkrtest   v1.0 by Eric S. Raymond (Feb 1990) that I use as sort of
a backup alarm clock. I was wondering why for the past couple of weeks
I'd wake up and the machine would be locked up. The current graphical
version does the same thing. I have no sound card installed. One time
it dropped into the debugger , now it just locks up. There was something
about _mplock if i remember right. There was alot of changes to current
around the end of Feb. (SMP and locking) and I'm not sure which is causing
the problem. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Manfred