Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 09:09:41 -0500
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        "Freeman P. Pascal IV" <pascal@compute.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro 415CS and serial ports...

On May 05, 1997 at 07:52:09PM -0700, Freeman P. Pascal IV wrote:

> I recently installed 2.2.1-RELEASE on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 415CS.
> Everything worked fine (including the builtin mouse and keyboard which
> has been reported as a problem in the past), with the exception of the
> serial ports.
>
> I've verified that com1 and com2 are configured, but they are NOT seen
> during boot time.  These serial ports were operational under Win95.
>
> I've searched the mailing list archive and the bug list, but haven't
> found anything useful.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a fix?

I've also been trying to get -current running on a Pro 410.  Both serial
ports are detected under windows.  When booting off the install disk, only
one serial port (the IrDA one) is detected, the other is missing.  I've
turned on all debugging flags (0x40?) in the probe routine, but all it tells
me is that every single probe failed.

Ideas?
--
Jonathan