Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 1997 13:17:42 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Jacques Vidrine <nectar@NECTAR.COM>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Programming: What if anything is guaranteed to be always in FreeBSD?

> I wish Python would be included as well ... but then I guess that everyone
> wishes that their fav language was included.

It's right there on the CD, along with dozens of other pet languages.

> Though Python'd probably be more useful than FORTRAN :-)

Given the responses I've received to my occasionaly luser queries about
Fortran, I would be inclined to say that there is probably still more
Fortran code doing more Real Work on FreeBSD than Python code.

> One of the few things I like about Red Hat Linux is that it has python
> preinstalled!

This is merely because their moderately sucky(*) package management
system uses it.

mike

(*) This is in contrast to our extremely sucky package management
system.  8)